- Judge upholds Cuomo's order closing gun stores during pandemic
Wed, 08 Jul 2020 08:52:00 -0500
The ruling by U.S. District Senior Judge Lawrence E. Kahn dismissed a lawsuit filed by a gun distributor alleging that Cuomo's closure order violated several aspects of the U.S. Constitution, ...
- Pro-2nd Amendment Lawmakers Want To Let You Carry A Gun During An Emergency
Wed, 08 Jul 2020 07:50:00 -0500
Tom Wolf has declared two states of emergencies in the past months — the ongoing statewide COVID-19 emergency declaration, as well as a temporary declaration because of Black Lives Matter protests in ...
- NYPD's own stats debunk claims of bail reform leading to spike in gun violence
Wed, 08 Jul 2020 07:23:00 -0500
It’s emptying out prisons,” Commissioner Dermot Shea — who’s credited with developing the department’s data-driven policing model — as he attempted last week to explain the troubling rise in gun ...
- Mattiel Premieres New Video for Beastie Boys Cover 'Looking Down The Barrel of a Gun'
Wed, 08 Jul 2020 07:13:00 -0500
Mattiel, the Atlanta-based rock band fronted by vocalist Mattiel Brown, premieres the incredible video for their new cover of the Beastie Boys' “Looking Down The Barrel of a Gun” today.
- Rocky Mountain Gun Owners founder Dudley Brown steps down as executive director
Wed, 08 Jul 2020 05:42:00 -0500
Rocky Mountain Gun Owners’ founder, Dudley Brown of Loveland, is stepping down as executive director of the organization he started in 1996, the group announced Wednesday. Brown has been the ...
- What the ‘black-on-black crime’ fallacy misses about race and gun deaths
Wed, 08 Jul 2020 05:03:00 -0500
They also are the staunchest supporters of tougher gun control laws, with 72 percent saying that controlling gun ownership is more important than protecting gun rights, compared with 40 percent of ...
- Dangerous Gaps in Gun Laws Exposed by the Coronavirus Gun Sale Surge
Wed, 08 Jul 2020 01:03:00 -0500
The coronavirus crisis has led to a dangerous surge in gun sales, which has given new urgency to addressing the gaps in federal and state gun laws that allow unregulated access to firearms.