- Hawaii: Committee Passes Retroactive Home-Built Gun Ban
Fri, 09 Apr 2021 18:24:53 -0500
On April 6th, the Senate Judiciary and Ways and Means Committees jointly passed House Bill 1366, to ban possession of home-built firearms. It will be eligible for a floor vote next week, along with House Bill 31, to increase firearm mandatory storage requirements.
- South Carolina House Passes Constitutional Carry
Fri, 09 Apr 2021 18:10:56 -0500
Yesterday, the House voted to pass House Bill 3096 on third reading. It has been sent to the Senate for further consideration.
- Maryland: Bill Hijacked to Become Anti-Gun
Fri, 09 Apr 2021 17:26:45 -0500
Back in March, we reported that three bills to severely restrict Maryland’s centuries-old practice of home-building firearms for personal use failed to meet the bill crossover deadline and were likely dead for the year.
- Nevada Assembly Judiciary Committee Sneaks Anti-Gun Bill Through on Deadline Day
Fri, 09 Apr 2021 16:15:57 -0500
Today was the deadline to pass legislation out of policy committees in the house of origin.
- West Virginia: Gov. Justice Signs Two Pro-Gun Bills
Fri, 09 Apr 2021 14:38:40 -0500
Today, Governor Jim Justice signed House Bill 2499, to exempt firearms and ammunition from state sales and use taxes, and House Bill 2793, to create the option of a nonresident West Virginia concealed carry permit. These bills take effect in 90 days.
- Rhode Island: Senate Judiciary Committee Will Conduct Remote “Gun Bill Day” Monday
Fri, 09 Apr 2021 14:26:37 -0500
Calling all Rhode Island gun owners! A month ago, the House Judiciary Committee had an all-night hearing on gun bills, and this time it is the Senate’s turn.
- North Dakota: Stand Your Ground Legislation Joins Other Pro-Gun Legislation on Governor’s Desk
Fri, 09 Apr 2021 13:45:32 -0500
Today, the North Dakota House concurred on Stand Your Ground Legislation, House Bill 1498, sending the measure to the desk of Governor Doug Burgum for his signature.