- ALWAYS POINT THE MUZZLE IN A SAFE DIRECTION.
- KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER, and outside the trigger guard, until ready to fire or until the command “Commence Firing” has been given.
- KEEP THE ACTION OPEN AND FIREARM UNLOADED UNTIL READY TO USE. On a firing range this means the shooters are in a position on the firing line and the range has been cleared for firing.
- BE SURE THE FIREARM AND AMMUNITION ARE COMPATIBLE.
- CARRY ONLY ONE GAUGE/CALIBER OF AMMUNITION WHEN SHOOTING. When at a shooting range with more than one firearm, use one at a time and when complete, store that firearm and its ammunition before using the next one.
- BE SURE OF THE TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND. When on shooting ranges, be mindful also of adjacent areas and act accordingly.
- WEAR EYE AND EAR PROTECTION.
- DO NOT MIX ALCOHOL OR DRUGS WITH SHOOTING ACTIVITIES.
- BE AWARE THAT CERTAIN CIRCUMSTANCES MAY REQUIRE ADDITIONAL RULES.